You have choices. There are many instruments out there that you can learn to play. Let's look at why learning to play the piano first may be the best choice.
- Piano is considered by most to be the most popular instrument in the world.
- The piano has been called the "granddaddy of all instruments. It an lead to the learning of other instruments. You can also easily adapt to the piano's sister instruments such as digital keyboards, organ, harpsicord, etc
- A piano is oftentimes displayed as a piece of furniture. I can't tell you how many households have one - and no one in the family actually plays it. Would'nt it be great if you visited someone's home and were able to play it? If they were hosting a party, you would be the life of that party.
- The piano is perhaps the easiest instrument to write music with. If you are or would like to be a songwriter, it's a great choice. I am a trained guitar player, but 90% of my songwriting is done with my piano keyboard. And there are many songwriters out there that have written music with piano that don't really know how to play it.
- If you have ambitions to be a musician, guitarists are a dime a dozen. Keyboard players are in demand, and usually earn top dollar.
These are just a few of the many reasons why learning the piano is a good choice.