WHY DID GOD CREATE MUSIC?
Have you ever thought about who invented Music? No One knows when music first started. Every culture on earth seems to have always had music. In Job 38 the bible says that when God laid the foundations of the earth the angels sang & shouted for joy, this was before God created people. Colossians 1:16 says “For by Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by Him and for Him.” So music was created by God, for God!
GOD CREATED MUSIC TO:
• Help us enter God’s presence (Psalm 22:3)
• Glorify God – proclaiming who he is and our awe of Him. (Psalm 69:30)
• Praise God – thank Him for what he has done. (Psalm 150)
• Worship God – bow down & surrender our lives to Him. (2 Chron 29:28)
• Sacrifice of Praise – as a gift to God. (Hebrews 13:15).
• Relax & Heal the emotions (1 Samuel 16:23)
• Teach Gods word & learn Bible Verses (Colossians 3:16)
• Celebration or Party (Genesis 31:27)
• Love Song (Song of Solomon)
Music in the bible is always positive, expressing love, joy, celebration, victory, thanksgiving, awe, praise, worship and honor. Music in the bible is never used for a negative purpose.